84/88 Goodwood Parade, Burswood WA 6100
Located just off Great Eastern Hwy, Blasta Brewing is an urban brewery focusing on delicious and unique beers with a great menu selection. A relatively new venue (early 2018), the actual location is still yet to become a household name amongst beer enthusiasts – however their beer has skyrocketed in popularity.
Blasta Brewing ticks all the boxes:
- Be located close to Perth
- Create delicious beer
- Match that beer with amazing food
The venue must be experienced to be truly appreciated. The inside dining area includes large wooden tables, creative booths with decorative lighting and a few bar tables with bar stools down the side. At the end of the dining area, the Blasta coffee shop is perfect for a quick brunch or lunchtime coffee catch up with friends.
Head outside and you’ll enjoy a large beer garden with enough seating for your small or large group. With multiple decorative shade sails, it’s the perfect location to enjoy a few delicious beers as the afternoon fades away. Blasta Brewing even include a sandpit with toys for children.
Beer Is OK recommends trying:
- Unleash The Beast: As Blasta Brewing explain it, ‘A beautiful beast’. If you enjoy a NEIPA beer, this is one you have to try. Unleash The Beast offers a high ABV while being extremely easy drinking and definitely moreish. The high ABV will hit you, so we recommend enjoying a few quickly, then relaxing on a few of Blasta’s lighter beers.
- The Cat’s Whiskers: This is a strawberry & cream american pale ale, which could throw some people off as being too unique and unusual. Luckily, the beer is not overly sweet, and tastes like a classic pale ale paired with a delicious strawberry hit. Blasta Brewing were spot on with this beer which makes it a must taste while visiting Burswood.
Note: The Cat’s Whiskers is a seasonal release so may not be available year-round.
- Myway: Grapefruit has been a common occurrence in many craft beers in the past few years, and the Myway IPA shows how delicious it can make a beer. This easy drinking craft beer is not only a must try as a tasting, you’ll likely end up enjoying a few more as the night goes on.
The craft beer scene has really changed in the past few years. What was once an odd occurrence which took 2-3 hours to visit in Western Australia’s south west has become a local treat, with Perth breweries such as Blasta Brewing popping up in urban areas.
With many of the newer breweries only taking a quick drive (or walk if you’re lucky enough), beer lovers are opting for independent breweries over their classic ‘local bar’. These new beer venues know what beer enthusiasts want, craft beer and delicious food – how hard can it be!
The team at Beer Is OK has been visiting Blasta Brewing since it’s opening in 2018, and cannot recommend this venue highly enough. Consistent menu items and unbeatable craft beers – stop thinking and head to this venue now.