If you enjoy playing a drinking game that slowly builds up on the drinking quantity and offers great customisation, 3 Man is the game to play. Only requiring 2 Dice and no cap on maximum players, 3 Man involves creating new and unique rules as the game progresses. With endless possibilities on the rules, 3 man has great replayability.
How To Play
The game starts with a clean slate including only two rules. Turn starts from the player who decided to play the game. The two starting rules include:
Rule 1 – 3 Man:
If at any point in the game someone rolls a total of 3 (2 & 1), they become 3 Man. 3 Man must drink each time any other player must drink. There is only one 3 Man at any given time, so as a new player rolls a 3, the current 3 Man is no longer 3 Man.
Rule 2 – Doubles = Drink & Rule:
When a player rolls a double, they must take a sip of their beer and make a rule. Rules can be based on the numbers rolled, or a global rule. Alternatively, you can choose to abolish a current rule.
Note: Rules can not target a specific player. You can not abolish either of the two starting rules.
Turn rotates clockwise with each player rolling both dice. When two of the same number are rolled, that player takes a sip and makes a rule. When creating rules, remember that the number 7 will appear most often, with 2 and 12 being the most uncommon numbers rolled.
While you can include any rules you can think of, here are a few ideas to get you started:
- 2: Finish Your Drink – Have players that roll a 2 finish their current beer. It’s very rare to roll a 2 and 12, so this makes both numbers perfect for bigger drinking penalties.
- 6: Drink & Re-roll – If you roll a 6, take a sip of your beer and roll again.
- 9: Rhyme – When a player rolls a 9 total, the dice game is paused and all players must participate in a game of Bust A Rhyme, taking it in turns to rhyme the last word of your sentence with the last word of the previous players sentence.
- No Drink, Drank, Drunk – If you mention any of these 3 words, you must take a sip of beer.
- Even: Nominate – If your dice roll total is even, nominate a drink to any player (for bigger drinkers, have the player nominate the number they rolled).
- No Numbers – If you say a number, you must drink the number said. This rule works well as players usually shout out the number they roll while playing.
Chances to roll:
Below is an indication on the chance to roll each number using two dice. Use this when creating rules with higher penalties on dice rolls that are less common, and lower drinking penalties on common numbers.
Want to try out a similar drinking game? Try out Canadian 3 Man – a unique twist from a land up over.
Game Type: Dice
Drinking Intensity: Low
Game Difficulty: Easy
Players: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8+
Required: 2 Dice
Become A Local Beer Reviewer
Join the Beer Is OK team as a local beer reviewer. Share your brewery, venue, bottle shop and beer reviews online.